October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Posted: October 1, 2019
As technology changes and people acquire more electronics, it’s important to keep your personal defenses up by implementing safety precautions to help protect your personal data.
- Create strong unique passwords for each site you use.
- To help block security threats, make sure your computer and devices, including your web browser, are updated with the latest software.
- Never check financial or other sensitive data when using public Wi-Fi.
- Be wary of emails prompting you to share personal information.
- Think before you click. Don’t click on links or download attachments from emails unless it is something you are expecting from a trusted source.
In recognition of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, Salem Electric is giving away ten one year subscriptions to LastPass, a password manager that stores encrypted passwords online.
Enter to Win!
Email LastPassContest@SalemElectric.com by November 15, 2019, and submit your name, address, and email address.
Salem Electric employees, families, and board members are ineligible.