Do you want to be more involved in your cooperative? Consider running for a position as a Director on the Salem Electric Board. Directors support the work of the general manager and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. They serve a three-year term and are encouraged to attend industry-related educational conferences paid for by the cooperative.
- Provide strategic guidance for the cooperative
- Hire and oversee the performance of the general manager
- Set rates and oversee the allocation of the cooperative’s budget
- Guide the cooperative in the fulfillment of its goals, purpose, and governing policies
- Adhere to sound governance practices and procedures
- Serve as a conduit for information about community and members’ interests and concerns
This spring three positions are up for election. An individual can achieve nomination for a director position by written petition. To learn more visit SalemElectric.com/board-directors, email us at SE@SalemElectric.com, or call during business hours 503-362-3601. Petition packets are available at our office.