- Quick Links
- Beware of Scams
- Capital Credits
- Energy Savings
- Energy Education
- The Environment
- Member Assistance
- New Member
- NRECA Youth Tour
- Rate Schedules
- Your Cooperative
- Outage & Safety
- Contact Us
Rebates for installing qualifying photovoltaic systems that make your home more energy efficient and help preserve the environment.
Who is eligible?
All members are eligible as long as the system is member owned and located in Salem Electric's (SE) service area. Before starting your project, contact our Member Services Department at 503 362-3601.
Qualifying PV systems must be net metered, comply with SE’s Net Metering Policy, and cannot exceed a generation capacity of 25 kW. Systems must meet Oregon Department of Energy (ODOE)requirements including being UL listed and rated for connection to SE’s system. Installers must be ODOE-certified.
- Residential and general service members receive a $300 rebate per kW installed.
- Rebates cannot exceed 50% of the total project and depend on availability of funds.
- Maximum rebate is $1,500.
Step by Step
- Request a free site audit from an SE energy auditor
- Get a bid from one or more contractors. Only one bid is required, but SE recommends more than one bid for comparison purposes.
- Call SE and make an appointment to review the bid(s). To verify and approve eligibility, SE must review and approve your bid prior to any work being done.
- Sign SE funding forms and Net Metering Agreement.
- Schedule work to be completed.
- Once the work is completed, call SE to schedule an inspection.
- If corrections are necessary, SE will notify the contractor. All corrections will be completed at no cost to the member.
- When the work passes inspection, SE will issue the rebate check (usually within 10 business days).
503-362-3601 | Monday — Friday | 8 am — 5 pm
Like us on Facebook